Join us as we discuss our preparation for our interview with Stan McChrystal and Dan Pink – together – from 2-4pm EST on February 7th! Now is your opportunity to let us know what you would like us to ask these thought leaders about the future of leadership and teams! Be sure to email your questions to: Info@TheLeadershipPodcast.com. The interview will livestream on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/westudyleaders/.
[1:55] The last two episodes were of Stan McChrystal and Dan Pink, so be sure to listen to them before Jim and Jan go live with these two speakers on February 7th.
[2:35] Both speakers have very different backgrounds, with Stan being born into military life and Daniel coming from an academic/consulting world, but they both prioritized liberal arts, classical education, and philosophy.
[5:20] Both men value self-discipline, which has allowed them to be successful in their respective fields.
[7:50] Stan stated it best about what a leader does. A leader creates a common purpose and a trust.
[10:15] For the February 7th interview, the live session will have three segments. The first section being similar to a podcast interview, the second segment will have Dan and Stan interviewing each other, and the third is left for your questions!
[13:10] If you really want to understand the value you bring to the market, pay attention to the questions people ask you.
[19:15] Jim and Jan can’t wait to see the dynamic, and how it will compare to the virtual interviews.
[20:20] How can you tune in? They’ll be hosting this live on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/westudyleaders/.
The Leadership Podcast is sponsored by W.S. Darley & Company.
Founded in 1908, Darley remains a family owned and operated business, providing the highest quality equipment solutions to our country’s warfighters and firefighters.
Learn more at darley.com and darleydefense.com
- “Leaders need to be squared away both mentally, physically, and emotionally.”
- “Both Stan McChrystal and Dan Pink realized at a young age, Boy, I’m not going to be able to influence other people if I’m not walking the walk.”
- “You need to be thinking about how different people influence your thinking over time.”
- “You can not have autonomy without trust.”
- “If I told you, you can’t go home until we win, what would you do differently?”
Send your questions for Dan and Stan to: Info@TheLeadershipPodcast.com
- Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World,
by General Stanley A. McChrystal
- The Leadership Podcast: Dan Pink
- The Leadership Podcast: Stan McChrystal
- The Leadership Podcast: Zack Baddorf
These are the books mentioned in Jim and Jan’s podcasts.