What this book remarkably proves is that when you "Lead From The Heart," your people will follow!
Our common belief in business is that the heart has no place in workplace management. In fact, most of us were taught that the heart acts like Kryptonite in leadership: it inherently undermines a manager's effectiveness - and lowers productivity and profitability.
- Our common belief in business is that the heart has no place in workplace management. In fact, most of us were taught that the heart acts like Kryptonite in leadership: it inherently undermines a manager’s effectiveness – and lowers productivity and profitability.
- In this stunning and groundbreaking work, however, leadership and engagement expert, Mark C. Crowley, provides irrefutable proof that we were wrong.
- Crowley begins by showing us how traditional leadership practices are failing. Across the globe, employee engagement and job satisfaction scores have fallen to crisis levels.
- According to astonishing Gallup research (insight Crowley was first in the world to report) only 3-in-10 American workers are engaged in their jobs. And these numbers are even worse in most European countries.
- It used to be that a job and a paycheck kept workers satisfied and productive. Today, pay barely makes the list of what inspires people to put their hearts into their work and contribute to their highest capacity.
- Right before our eyes, human beings have evolved in what they need and want in exchange for work. 21st Century employees are seeking to find purpose, meaning and feelings of significance. What drives their engagement is being made to feel valued, respected, appreciated, developed and cared for.
- Crowley’s profound insight draws upon recent medical and social science discoveries which prove it’s the heart, not the mind, that drives human motivation and achievement.
- What’s certain now is that traditional leadership practices are failing and what’s needed os an entirely new model of leadership to match up to the needs & motivations of 21st Century workers.
- There’s nothing soft about Lead From The Heart. It represents the future of workplace management and a roadmap to driving uncommon engagement, productivity and profitability.
- What this book remarkably proves is that when you “Lead From The Heart,” your people will follow!